Monday, July 13, 2009

New Bikes

After my last adventure race I decided to look into retiring my hardtail mountain bike and find a newer west cost cross-country bike with full suspension. A friend of ours lead me to Brodie Bikes, where I picked up a 2008 Rite model. I'm very excited about the purchase, but have yet to get out on the trails with it.




I have also been in the market for a road bike for some time and recently managed to find a used one that fit my criteria (my size and price!). It's a 2005 KHS upgraded to 105 shimano components. It's very light and very fast. I've clocked 50+km in 5 days of owning it and enjoying every minute. It really puts into perspective how easy the tour de france riders make riding look, especially the climbs.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet buddy! Now we need to hook up! Wanna come over and kick my ass up SFU on the road tomorrow? Get to my place for say 6p?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Road bikes or Mountain?

    ReplyDelete