Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Crazy Weather in Vancouver

This has been a crazy summer in Vancouver in terms of weather. We're just getting over an extreme heat wave, where we broke records dating back to the 1800s. I think I jinxed us when I told everyone that I wasn't worried about being pregnant in August, because Vancouver NEVER really gets that hot...LOL.

But the silver lining to the crazy heat is that it resulted in a wild thunderstorm last weekend. You might be thinking "so what", but Vancouver only has a thunderstorm approximately once a decade. So this was a huge deal for me who LOVES thunderstorms and hasn't experienced one since we moved here almost 3 years ago. We had all the windows open, and we just sat back and enjoyed the show. James managed to get a few good shots of the lightning, and the incredible sunset afterwards.

Click on the image below to check out the photo gallery:
BC's Crazy Weather

1 comment: